Functional support is provided to all the JDE modules i.e. Distribution, Finance and Manufacturing. The detailed of functional support is as below:
- Setups Changes/ modifications - Arising out of changes in business requirements, setup changes may be required from time to time. Consultants try out these changes and implement after thorough testing.
- Errors and issues resolutions - Transactional Errors corrections. Errors may occur because of wrong setups or unexpected execution of business functions. Issues related to technicalities of the product are referred to Oracle and coordinated for early resolution.
- User Mistake Corrections - unknown mistakes from user need to understood and corrected.
- New Requirements - New requirement in the existing modules to map the business processes. New requirements may arise either by change in business activities or change in the customer or partner needs.
- Understanding issues/problem - System understanding gaps with the user. Consultants interacts with them and explains and methodology of doing the transactions.
- Technical correction during emergency - Correcting the data at table/file level. Some transactions cannot be corrected from application. It needs table level corrections.
- Period end activities support - Completing month close and year close. Ensuring of passing all the provisional entries by the users.
- Proactive monitoring and controlling - System has provided many in built reports which can be executed on periodic basis and necessary control can be exercised. Example - material shortage report. These reports will send to users on periodic basis for better control.
- Data Integrity and consistency (cross module integrity issues) - Following are the data integrity which normally occurs due to inconsistency of master data, wrong setups and delayed updating important files by the users, and also System failure, Connectivity failure and power failure.
- AP to GL, AR to GL and FA to GL
- Procurement to GL
- Sales to GL
- Inventory (Cardex) to GL
- Manufacturing to GL
- Rectification of error batches
- Partial Table update
- Wrong values in table
- Data corruptions
Correction of data inconsistency on period basis by the consultants is necessary.
- Issue Documentation - Document the issues for future record
- Preparation of Functional Specification - Preparation of functional specification for new report or application development or customization.
- Mapping of new developments of reports / application - Testing of new business scenario and finding desired result for development of process
- Data purging - Removing or archiving old data from the master and transactional file.
Development and Technical support consists of Reports development or modifications, Integration, Enhancements, Customizations and Training. This includes:
- New Development of reports
- New Development of applications
- Training on technical modules
- Activation of standard workflows
- Development of new work flows.
- Modification on existing reports / application.
- Data conversion and data loading.
- Documentation - preparation of technical specification and user manuals
- Integration/interface development between JDE and Non JDE modules
Our JD Edwards expertise covers the latest versions and spans the full JD Edwards Suite, Our experience spans a wide range of industries, including Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, Public Sector, Retail Computer and IT Services, Financial Services, Health Services, Life Sciences, Telecommunications, Utilities, and more.
Our JD Edwards services cover the entire implementation and support spectrum - beginning with the initial analysis and evaluation and extending through implementation, post-implementation support, enhancements, and customization, integration and system audits. We handle all versions of the JD Edwards family of products and upgrades to EnterpriseOne versions.
We utilize industry best practices to integrate JD Edwards into clients' business processes, and guide clients through all phases of JD Edwards's project lifecycles.
Our CNC (Configurable Network Computing) offering is based on the very specific to customer need. Some service level options include 8 to 5, 24-hour, emergency, onsite, and off-site. Also we provide On-Demand and Ad-hoc services.
Our CNC Services are as follows:
End-to End installation
- Complete JDE System Installation and Configuration
- Implementation of IBM Webpshere, Oracle OAS, Citrix Servers
- Analyze the benefits/risks for ESU/ASU
- Tools Release Updates for all platforms
- Multiple Foundations support (multiple Service Packs support)
- Multi-foundation for two different Tools Releases
- Object/Package Management and Deployment
- Disaster Planning and Recovery (Recovering damaged installations and lost tables)
- Version Upgrades from OneWorld releases to Latest EnterpriseOne Releases
- Migration from World Software to EnterpriseOne
- Co-existence for World and OneWorld
Support and Maintenance
- CNC Helpdesk (System monitoring, Backups and day-to-day activities)
- Maintain Citrix and JAS (HTML Server) Servers
- Package Management (Assembling, Building and Deployment)
- 4. Data Refresh across environments
Performance Tuning and Optimization
- Document existing System Landscape and anticipate future requirements
- Suggest new IT infrastructure or suggest changes in existing design to enhance performance
- AS/400 Performance Tuning for JD Edwards (Both World and EnterpriseOne)
- Tuning OS/DB parameters related to JD Edwards
- IBM Websphere/Oracle OAS parameter tuning to enhance web performance
- Stress Testing
- Conduct System Health Check
- Perform Complete System Audit
- SOX compliance
- Basic JD Edwards CNC Concepts
- System Administration
- WorldSoft Technical Skills
- Latest E1 Releases
Following process will be followed for JDE support to client with the help of Issues Tracker/ call management system